August 1, 2016 ￼ Here are the top five stories to monitor today
1. The constitution allows House of Rep to pad budget -Jibrin
Former Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmummin Jibrin, has revealed further details of the current budget padding controversy.
2. I have no plans to form a new party – Atiku
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has denied allegations that he is planning to leave the All Progressive Congress.
3. ‘Buhari is still the same person he was in 1985’
A contender for the National Chairmanship of the Peoples Democratic Party, Raymond Dokpesi, has described President Muhammadu Buhari as an unrepentant dictator.
4. Zamfara lawmakers settle rift with Governor Yari
Lawmakers in Zamfara state have withdrawn the impeachment threat against Governor Abdulaziz Yari.
5. Will FG withdraw Dogara’s security details?
As the budget padding controversy deepens, there are insinuations that the security details of the House of Representative’s Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, might be withdrawn.